- 4# test line only. CIRCLE HOOKS OPTIONAL ON ALL BAIT FISH. All fishing line will be tested at weighing of fish.
- IGFA rules apply with the following exceptions: Maximum 4’ leader allowed for Croaker and Corbina only. All other Species 15’ leader. No treble hooks with bait.
- All anglers must have a current and valid California fishing license.
- Fishing in Newport Bay only (straight line between the jetties). No fishing inland from Pacific Coast Highway Bridge.
- Minimum Requirements: Bass must be 14” minimum; Halibut 23” minimum; Croaker and Corbina weight min. 1 lb.
- Courtesy Rule: Angler hooked up has the right of way in water. Please cooperate or you will be disqualified.
- You are not required to compete in each of the specie categories.
- In case of a tie, first weighed fish will be the winner.
- Please monitor Tournament Channel VHF 65.
- Must display tournament flag while at anchorage (may be picked up at the BAC)
- Obey all Right-of Way rules, harbor regulations & boating laws, do not impede or interfere with normal flow of boat traffic.
- Any protests shall be subject to decision of the Tournament Committee, and all Committee decisions are final.
Note: Angler can win only one place in each species category, i.e., 1 place in Bass, 1 place in Croaker, 1 place in Corbina, and/or 1 place in Halibut
Please make every effort to keep your catch alive. The Clubhouse will post the largest fish weights on a board facing the bay – please release non-qualifying catches, awards to 3rd place only. There will be a transfer net at the Clubhouse, do not hand carry fish up the ramp. Fellow Anglers: Please note the tournament will be held rain or shine – sorry no refunds! Good luck to all and have fun!
Your Entry Fee includes the Awards Banquet on Sunday, April 16that 5:00pm at Balboa Angling Clubhouse.